Thursday, July 15, 2010

Countdown to 30. Volume I

So since a certain someone who shall remain nameless (*coughLMWPcough*) told me that I better get to blogging, I figured I would make a post before the weekend. I'm about to be staycationing like a mug and I canNOT WAIT!!! I don't have anything planned until next Saturday (Girl's Night In) and I am truly going to enjoy my week off and get settled in the new condo.

At any rate, I have been wondering what I was going to write about since yesterday and since my creativity is kinda jacked right now, I figured I would just give ya'll one of my infamous lists. Anyone who knows me well knows how much I love lists. Something about writing a list just automatically makes you feel productive, even if you AREN'T being productive, lol. I can count 3 lists in my immediate line of vision right now. There is the menu list for next Saturday, the to-do list for my Grandmother's 75th birthday party in September and a condo wish/to-do list for the new spot. You like how none of these lists are work-related, right? I digress...

I make lists for the grocery store...and then leave them at home. I make lists before vacation of things I want to pack and outfits I want to wear. I friggin love lists!!! They make me happy.

Today, in honor of my upcoming 30th birthday (Monday, July 19th...and I'll send you my paypal addy if you want to send a monetary donation to beautify PJ's condo LMAO I'm just joking...unless you were gonna do it. :-/), I will give you all a list of 30 random things (in three parts) that are on my mind. (My love of random facts is secondary only to my love of lists.)

In no particular order:

1). I just came back from a Staples run and saw a man riding a motorbike (not a motorcycle...the kind with the ledge in the ledge in the middle for your feet) wearing a white, long-sleeved dress shirt and a red and gray sweater vest. For real? You gonna mess around and have a heat stroke playa!

2). Target now has groceries. *angelssinging* As if Target wasn't my favorite store before, they have expanded their food section? Now you KNOW that made this fat girl squeal with glee. The first time I went in there and saw produce I was like "Why would I ever have to shop elsewhere?" I love Tarzhay.

3). As if I was wonderful at keeping up with this blog, I've just started another one (no posts yet) which will entail my journey to being a Maid of Honor in my friend's wedding next May. I make no promises. With work and school and my side-biz...yeah...

4). I'm on a conference call and I swear one of my Supervisors sounds like Uncle Ruckus. It makes me cringe to hear him speak in mixed company.

5). People who walk, talk, move slow annoy me. One of the chicks in my office walks slow and mumbles. When I see her coming I immediately get annoyed. Like put some pep in your step. Why everytime you say something to me I have to say "huh? what's that? Sorry?" Speak up!!! It just seems lazy to me.

6). I have a chair in my office, and since my office has a door and an opening (my boss is SOOO smart *rolls eyes* people can just walk in, sit down and start talking to me. It annoys me when I'm busy (whether with work or writing personal lists) so I've started piling items in the chair to prohibit people from sitting to converse with me. Why do people move the stuff out of the chair sometimes? I know the look on my face is priceless.

7). Send me some nice bridesmaid dress options for a plus-sized chick. Puhlease!!!? :)

8). Do you get offended by flabby arms? What about cellulite and stretch marks? I remember when I used to be deathly afraid of baring my arms because of the size of them. And while I do still get my bolero and shrug on, I've realized that...it's friggin' hot outside. If someone is offended by the sight of my flabby arms, they can remain offended. I'm not heatstrokin' for nobody. I'm sorry. There are certain outfits that I prefer to wear my arms covered with, but darnit, it's like my arms screamed GIVE US FREE like 2-3 years ago and I kinda stopped caring about what other people think. 10 times out of 9 they aren't even paying any attention to me and if they are, I'm sure that it's only a passing thought. So what?

9). There is a nice guy that I've been conversing with, but he does something that annoys the STEW out of me. He likes to "play" the "have you ever" game. You know where you are having a convo and he says "So, have you ever dated a guy that worked the hours that I do?" "Have you ever dated a guy that..." *sigh* Don't do that. I used to be one of those chicks who had a whole bunch of questions about the last chick you dated. "Have you ever dated a big girl?" "Have you ever dated someone that doesn't have her degree?" "Have you ever dated someone that you met online?" What I've come to realize and the reason why I don't get caught up in those types of convos is because I really don't give a f. I mean, so what if he did? Does that mean he's going to do it again? There are a lot of things I've done in the past that I won't do again. My past behavior in that respect doesn't indicate my future choices. Instead, I wish he would say things like "I would like it if we...", "How do you feel about the fact that I am...". To me, those are much more productive questions.

10). A heart convinced against it's will is of the same opinion still. Those "ties that bind" are a trip...

to be continued...

3 comments:

  1. So I stumbled upon your blog a few weeks ago and could SWEAR I wrote it myself....but then I remembered that while I have fabulous thoughts and moments of hilarity I rarely take the time to write about it.

    Needless to say...LOVE IT.

    I was in my best friends wedding last year and while she and the rest of the maids are itsy-bitsy girls...I am most definitely not. To say I was nervous about the dress selection would be putting it lightly. I have arm issues, chin issues, shoulder issues (wtf?!). I think you get my point LOL. But as I near 30 (6 months from now) I find myself in a similar position to you - so the flock what? I live in Phoenix - if you think I'm not gonna get in a damn bathing suit or wear a tank top when it's HELL degrees here you're out your damn mind. I could get away with the awkward cover-ups in Detroit...but living here? Whatevs.

    Anyways, I'm getting off track.

    The dress. My friend chose a strapless 2 piece dress. After some alterations to ensure the security of my boobs I was good to go. And looking back - I didn't look that bad either. Do you get to pick your own? Colors? Fabric? Preference? I'd be glad to help or throw some websites your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patrice! Thanks for visiting my blog, I love new readers!!! :)

    LOL @ hell degrees.

    Thanks for the dress suggestions. She actually sent me a few dresses for my opinion yesterday, one of them has pockets. iDIED!!!! I LOVEEEEEE dresses with pockets!!! :) It's strapless, with a banded waist and pockets, cocktail length. I can probably wear whatever style I feel comfortable in, as long as it is the same color and fabric of the other bridesmaids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. POCKETS?!?! ahhh completely jealous! life should come with pockets!

    cocktail length is nice and I wish like hell mine would have been that - maybe I could use it again (ya know, for all those balls, gala's, and...wtf? no I'll never use any of this stuff again - what the crap am I gonna do with silver shoes besides maybe walk on the moon?)

    pictures! must see pictures of cute cocktail length dress with banded waist and POCKETS!

    re: hell degrees - I'm gonna go crazy living here.

    ReplyDelete